After taking the snowdrops at Garston Wood, I then changed from the Canon 100mm Macro Lens, to my Canon MPE-65mm macro lens to hunt under the leaf litter, for a first bug hunt of 2016.
The first creature that I found was an Oribatid Mite, on a small old rotting branch. These shots of it, are all taken at the maximum magnification of the lens @5x magnification. To aid lighting of the underside of the mite ( which is about the size of a pinhead), I used the Aputure Amaran constant lighting source as well as the Canon MT-24ex Twin Flash.
The other bug that I managed to photograph, was a tiny woodlouse. These shots taken at 3x magnification an only lit with the Twin Flash.
Map of Location